COMMUNITY AND CAREERS
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Cheever recognizes its responsibility to extend Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals based on qualifications and merit, without regard to race, sex, color, religion, ethnicity or nationality, ancestry, age, creed, marital status, citizenship status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity has not and will not waver in training, recruitment, promotions, benefits and all other factors involved in equal treatment of our employees and potential job applicants. Only the merit of the individual is measured against the job requirements. We are a strong leader in this area as evidenced throughout our work place, management and hiring of subcontractors / vendors. We believe that providing equal access to employment is a fundamental corporate responsibility and good business. Similarly, we expect all organizations with whom we do business to share this commitment, not only on the letter of the law but also the spirit of the law.
Cheever Development Corporation policies and practices are geared to promote opportunity for participation of minority, women owned businesses and local based businesses. We make it priority to find, train and empower people and businesses within our project community. As part of this effort, we reach out to community agencies and civic organizations in our recruitment and mentoring of local, minority and women owned businesses. This is a core component of our philosophy.
NONPROFIT PARTICIPATION & GOVERNMENTAL AGENCIES
Our firm has worked or currently working with the following no-profit entities on several projects throughout the New York City metropolitan area, namely,
- U.S. Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- NYC School Construction Authority (SCA)
- NYC Housing Preservation and Development (HPD)
- NYC Housing Authority (NYCHA)
- NYC Health and Hospital Corporation (NYCHHC)
- NYC Housing Parnership
- NYS Department of Housing and Community Renewal (DHCR)
- NYS Housing Development Fund Corporation (HDFC)
- 163rd Street Improvement Council, Bronx, New York
- St. Michael’s Development Corporation, New York, New York
- Bushwick-Ridgewood Senior Citizens Council, Brooklyn, New York
- Community Partners Commission & Association, Brooklyn, New York
- Bed-Stuy Estates Housing Development Fund Corp. Brooklyn, New York
- Turning Point Red Hook, HDFC, Brooklyn New York
- South Bronx Churches, Bronx New York
- Heartshare Human Services of New York
Cheever Development Corporation’s intern development program (IDP) is to provide students and others seeking change of careers with opportunities for hands-on training in a dynamic and rewarding environment. Programs last as little as summer vacation for students or several years for career changers. This program has is helping to shape the future leaders our company and industry.
Interns are encouraged to correlate their interests with their planned career path, such as Construction / Project Management, Engineering, Architecture, Business, Marketing, Safety, Scheduling, Estimating etc. Our program is highly competitive with limited openings.
Our firm embraces diversity in its people, client and projects. We are dedicated to developing careers and we offer the necessary support for our employees to excel. The learning never stops at Cheever if you are prepared to meet the challenges.